The Beatings Will Continue Until You Stop Sucking.

I met with She Who Must Be Obeyed the other day at a local coffee shop. I felt a little dirty when I entered, because they sponsor half of what once was the Evil Empire. To be fair, Kaladi does a lot of good things in the community and supports a lot of worthy organizations, which almost makes up for their sponsorship of a pack of conniving scoundrels (that are a lot of fun to race with).
 
I showed up 15 minutes early, so Janice wouldn't see me consume 6,327 calories in pastries. That also gave me a chance to practice sucking in my gut so she wouldn't send me to fat camp. I think I sneaked that one by her.
 
We went over what I had been doing for the last couple months during my annual abandonment of all things structured. She looked at the numbers and said I was working to hard and was about due for a decades-long crash if I didn't slow down a tad. This is something I instinctively knew, but now that she said it there is a sense of legitimacy to the sentiment. I place little faith on my own perceptions, except for those that pertain to everyone else. I'm not exactly the most self-aware fella you'll ever meet.
 
We talked a little about long-term goals and working to improve my pitiful time trial skills, while further developing my nascent (some would say embryonic) sprinting abilities. Essentially it's going to involve her crafting a masterpiece of sports performance management, and then me crapping all over it before exploding in a impotent heap. Yep, that pretty much sums up how I approach training.
 
Zwift is going to factor in there. The Dome is too. My 6,000 DVDs of old cycling races are going to play a role. The hope is adding a little variety will make the time go by faster and perhaps improve my overall capabilities. Ask me how that played out next spring.
 
I guess it's time to start buckling down and get to the real work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rules.

The Middle Men.

Why Would Anyone Want To Do It?