Itchy and Scratchy

I wrote this a month ago and never posted it. I have no idea why.
_________________________________________________________________

I'm clawing the skin off my legs.
  
About this time every year, my skin starts drying out. I start slathering on weapons-grade lotions to keep the itching to a minimum, but there's always a couple weeks that certain patches of skin get the best of me. I end up scratching until I bleed, which tends to ruin the aesthetic appeal of my smooth roadie legs. I've had road rash that looked better.
  
The dry air off the Chukchi Sea is really doing a number on me. Taking two or more showers a day under the hyper-treated water at the radar sites doesn't help much. Since I usually split my workouts into morning and night sessions, I take a shower after each- the alternative would be festering in my sweat salt all night, which would probably be about equally as bad for my skin.
  

It will pass. My skin always adapts after a while, and the claw marks fade from my shins. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. Until then, it's probably best I don't walk around in shorts- lest my co-workers get the impression I'm into kinky stuff or they need to report some domestic abuse.
  
Maybe I can claw off some fat with the dry skin. That would be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rules.

The Middle Men.

Why Would Anyone Want To Do It?