Slow Down.

During the coronavirus lock-down, some people have been going stir crazy. They've been conditioned by modern life for constant stimulation. They've begun to realize that even gluing their faces to screens doesn't give them the same buzz.
  
I had already been essentially locked down for a month at a remote radar site when the rest of the world decided it was a good idea. I'm sorta used to this sort of thing. I know how it is to be deprived of "normal". I've developed coping mechanisms to deal with the isolation, which mainly involve riding the trainer, eating, and sleeping. I deal with it, because there really isn't much else I can do.
  
Even after all of the sleeping I do, when I'm away from home I still look longingly at pictures that my wife sends me like this:
Curling up with my dogs and sleeping the day away looks pretty nice to me. I've never had an issue with slowing down and enjoying the simple things, probably because I'm not all that complex.
  
Dogs are smarter than humans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Sad