Wander.

On the ride from South Rolly Lake to Big Lake, before my day went to shit with gravel and pinch flats, my mind wandered.
  
Say, if I was bitten by a vampire and turned, would I stay fat? I mean, I get I'd be all super-strong on the bike, but I'd want the power-to-weight ratio as well. I don't want to be fat for eternity, especially if I'd be limited to twilight crits and velodromes for racing. If I'm super-vampire skinny, nobody would think twice, but when a fat guy starts dominating, the USADA comes calling for random samples.
  
As long as I don't turn into a complete douche like those Twilight kids, I'd be good. Just give me a solid Selene from Underworld physique, and I bet I could win a few sock primes.  
  
That's the kind of stuff I think about when I'm on a longer ride. I don't try to fix the world's problems, I just work out the logistics of vampire doping.
  
Marginal gains and the like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rules.

The Middle Men.

Why Would Anyone Want To Do It?