"Normal"

As of today, I have to lose 10 pounds to get my BMI below 25, which would put my weight as "normal".
 
That's "normal" according to the BMI scale, not "normal" according to what I see riding scooters around the local Walmart and in most of the schools. Those are two entirely different standards. As easy (and fun) as it would be to go for the Walmart standard, I know that the BMI standard will allow me to live longer and healthier, as well as help me to reach my ultimate goal of crushing souls on the bike. People tell me that I look skinny, but I know they're just applying the Walmart standard.
 
Since the New Year, I've been counting calories with an online program, to try to reset my concept of a portion size. I've been playing around with different foods to see what will keep me "full" for the longest while keeping me interested in eating. I've been scouring the aisles at the local grocery stores looking for low-cal bacon fat, but so far I've been unsuccessful.
 
I've lost about 3 pounds since I started, which is in line with my target of a pound a week. I haven't been obsessive about it, but have tried to keep up with the tracking program and be as honest as possible. That is, I try to keep the lying to myself to a minimum. Sometimes I just don't want to acknowledge that I've blown my calorie allowance out of the water.
 
Still, even with the recent snow, it might not be too long before I'm back on the road. I'd like to be a "less is more" kinda guy when that happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.