Burning the candle at both ends.

I learned a valuable lesson about the importance of sleep this weekend.
 
I woke up around 9:00 AM Friday morning, got on the bike for my workout, and then took care of a few odds and ends before getting ready for work. I left early, because I needed to set the courses for the Alaska State 9 and Under Alpine Skiing Championships at Hillberg. So, I ran up and down the hill for a couple hours, then reported for a 12 hour night shift.
 
After work, I had just enough time to get home, eat something, and change into my ski clothes before I had to head out again to the hill to finish preparations. All day long I skied with my daughter and set courses. We finished awards late, giving me just enough time to shower and change for my next 12 hour shift. I was starting to wobble a bit.
 
By the time I dragged myself home on Sunday morning, I had been up for almost 48 hours. Needless to say, I decided to skip my day's workout and get the extra hour or so of sleep. Two days later, and I'm still not 100%.
 
The upside is that my daughter got 3 medals, and her proud smile made it all worthwhile. Winning a medal was her goal all season long, and to get 3 of them in one day was a dream come true for her. I just pity those that tried to had a coherent conversation with me during that time. I was beyond loopy.
 
Well, back to the grind. Janice won't let me slack off forever...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.