Parole.

Friday I rode my bike. On the pavement. It was glorious.
 
I've been on the trainer exclusively since October, so I was ready to get out and do anything except watch the same videos over and over. It was just what the doctor ordered.
 
Thanks to the extremely mild winter, the snow and ice cleared from the roads, and mid-afternoon temperatures allow me to get away without studded tires. I rode the 'cross bike just to give a wider contact patch, but it really wasn't necessary. My wardrobe wasn't dialed in, varying between too much and too little, but I really didn't mind.
 
I'm feeling a little re-energized lately, and this was a nice change of pace. Next week I'm going to be down around Tacoma, WA, and I'm bringing the bike to get in as many miles on new roads as I can squeeze in after work. Hopefully I'll get in a big volume block to round out my fitness rolling into the race season.
 
The weight is still higher than I want, and given that I've been booted back to the Intermediate class for a year, my motivation to drop the pounds hasn't kicked in. Without any big goals for the season, I'm a little aimless. I certainly won't climb very well with all of this added weight, but maybe I'll be able to hang with the young kids on the flatter courses. I may lose the weight by the end of the season, and I may not.
 
Whatever happens, I'll try to have fun and take the opportunity to learn. I've never been the smartest racer, and maybe this is the time to wisen up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.