Back Online.

For the most part, the internet bandwidth for personal use at the radar sites sucks. It's worse when you have many, many people dipping into the same small bucket of data. So, I gave up on using Zwift and reverted back to using old Northern Classics videos. It worked for me on my best years, so I figured I'd stick with that.
  
However, what I've found is that without a good training plan and some definitive goals, all I do is ride steady. I'm not training for anything other than trying to stay somewhat in shape. I have no goals. I'm overweight, and getting a coach again would be a waste of money. I can't plan for any goals, because my schedule is variable at the moment. Plus, the season is over. That boat has sailed without me. All I have left is the fat.
  
This time around I lucked into a site without many people using the internet. I jumped back on Zwift, just to see if it would work. It did, and I've been chasing virtual rabbits and trying for virtual jerseys for the last week.
  
Know what? I push harder. Probably harder than I should, but I guess that's better than going at a solid 'meh' pace. When I blow up, I let myself blow up. The Training Peaks lines are trending up, so I'm going with the flow and seeing what happens. With my aimless training this year, it seems like the right thing to do.
  
I know from past experience that Zwift can lead to burnout. I'm hoping I can sustain it for  few more weeks, then catch the last few weeks of the road season to level me off.
  
You want to know something really stupid? I have idly thought about jumping in a 'cross race on the Ritchey BreakAway when I get home. It's a bad idea, but the mind does wander out here.
  
For now, Zwift has my attention. That's not a bad thing, at least in the short term.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.