Finding the Edges.

It always goes the same way.

The first ride back after a lull I'm tentative, not willing to push it for fear of falling apart on the first day. I may take a stab here or there, but for the most part I'm cautious.
  
The next day I push it for a little bit to see what happens. The day after that I push it a bit more. This continues until I feel really good about myself. The next day I crumple.
  
Never fails.
  
Then I start the real work. I build and build to some vague goal. Two steps forward and one step back. Pushing through malaise and fatigue to attain new levels of fitness. Once the goal is attained or surpassed, I crumple.
  
Never fails.
  
The whole cycles starts anew.

After years of doing this, you'd think I would either quit (like a sane person would) or find some other pattern to follow. You'd be wrong. Once I find a routine that doesn't work, I stick to it. Just because it failed a million times before, doesn't mean it won't work the next time.
  
You never know until you try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Sad