Healing.

While it's fun for a day or so, eventually I get sick of the hazy feeling from the pain medication and muscle relaxers. I don't enjoy walking around like a zombie, unable to come up with a suitable zinger in response to a co-worker's insult. I don't like being off my game.
 
I took a couple days off the bike, and then started up again. Mainly it's been moderate-intensity grinds, instead of high intensity intervals that I usually do. That's alright, since I really need to get used to grinding out higher consistent wattage on the trainer.
 
Today I went off the medications. I was able to get more accomplished in a shorter time at work, and I was still able to crank out puddles of sweat on the trainer. So far, so good. If my back doesn't get any worse, I'll set the drugs aside and let the chiropractor do his thing to get me in shape again.
 
The weight is still there. I shouldn't be surprised, since I haven't made a concerted effort to get rid of it. I guess I'm kinda happy I didn't gain any as I transitioned from the road to the trainer. If I can lose a couple before New Years Day, I'll be ahead of the game.
 
Ski season is right around the corner, and I'm interested in seeing what coaching for the Alyeska Mighty Mites will be like. I bought a pair of non-race skis at the ski swap, which should make off-piste skiing a little more fun for me. I'm trying not to get too worked up about skiing just yet, because we still have a little time to go before ski season will be in full swing. No need to rush.
 
Until then, I'll just work on getting the back strong again so I can keep up with all of the ankle-biters. It would be embarrassing if my group had to carry me down the mountain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.