Side Effects

I feel fine. At least, I think I do.
 
I'm no longer doubled over with intestinal cramps periodically, praying that whatever was causing the discomfort would come out one direction or another. I'm back to pretty much eating whatever I want without any side effects (other than the usual weight gain and lethargy).
 
And yet, when I get on the trainer to knock out a workout, I am not all there. I'll start off great, grinding away at a decent wattage and holding it without killing myself. Then about 30 minutes into the workout the wheels will come off. My legs will feel empty and weak, my heart rate will steadily climb the levels much higher than normal, and I'll limp my way to the end of the workout.
 
A week ago, I was knocking out workouts much harder than this and still felt like I had more in the tank. Now I just want to curl up with a fuzzy blanket and watch Anthony Bourdain on TV.
 
My body isn't processing food properly just yet, even though it is interfering with my training schedule. It seems odd to get upset about setbacks so early in the trainer season, but after the race season I just had, I am anxious to move forward. I just need to get my body to agree with the plan.
 
I feel fine.
I feel fine.
I feel fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.