Saddle Redux.

So, I've spent a couple months on the Specialized Power Saddle, and my lady parts haven't fallen off. I take that as a good sign. It took me a while to find a position I like with it, because each time I tried a small adjustment I'd have to go through a week of trainer rides to ensure I hadn't made a horrible, horrible mistake. Then I'd find something else I didn't like and start the process over again. Eventually I found an alignment that I can honestly say works more or less OK on the trainer, but I'm not sure it will translate to the road.
  
I haven't even begun testing the Shimano PRO Stealth yet. I'm hoping that since it is a similar design to the Specialized, I will at least have a rough starting point. My lack of experience with the Shimano didn't prevent me from buying a second one, because I am stupid. That, and I couldn't bring myself to put a Specialized saddle on a Trek. I may exclusively wear Specialized shoes, but mixing the brands like that is something Justin Neff would do on a fat bike. The horror.
  
In all reality, I don't care that much. What works, works. In this case, I got the second Shimano saddle for half of what I paid for the first one. Even on the used market, the Specialized Power saddles are holding their value better, maybe since the only way to get them new is through dealers at a more or less fixed price. Shimano's pricing can vary widely from market to market, which means you can often find deals. I'm always in the market for a good deal, even if it gives me horrible saddle sores until I abandon it in a parts bin to be slapped on a bike for resale one day. Let someone else pay for my mistakes.
  
I'm probably going to test the Shimano out on the Moots first, as the remaining trainer season doesn't allow ample adjustment time. I'm going to figure this out on the road, and chances are it's not going to be pretty. I'll figure it out sooner or later.
  
It sucks having dainty lady parts when other people can ride centuries in cutoff jean shorts and tighty-whities, all on a badly aligned AssHatchet-brand stock saddle from a clearance WalMart bike. My cross to bear, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.