A Little One.

This is Bailey.
He's about 7 weeks old, an English Cream Golden Retriever. Cute little sucker. Sleeps almost as much as I do, but I expect that will change in the coming weeks. He has about 10 minutes of tripping over his own feet in him before he needs a nap.
  
My original plan was to get a female lab puppy of some shade, but my wife was feeling the loss of Piper more intensely than I was. She prefers long-haired, sheddy kinds of dogs, and my plans were altered. I still may be getting my Lab pup, but for now Bailey is more than adequate. He's part of the family. My doofy Lab, Jackson, seems to think so, with only a couple warning growls so far to let the puppy know he's overstepped his bounds.
  
Each one of my kids have claimed Bailey as their own, but I have a feeling Bailey will make that determination in the coming weeks and months as he grows into a 90 pound ball of loose fur. I'll probably come home to shag pillows on my bed and tumbleweeds of white hair rolling down the hall.
  
As long as the family is happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Sad