Longer Than Expected.

Today I rode the trainer for the first time in quite a while.

Yesterday I was fighting the wind on the Seward (and losing), but it was a rather nice day and I wasn't complaining.
  
Today it was raining and my whole body ached (because I'm old). I decided to get on the trainer and do an hour of Zwift.

To prep for this, I had built up the Storck and fired up the trainer dungeon computer, updating Windows about five or six times in the last week. I had logged on to Zwift, downloading the latest updates to make sure I wasn't delayed when I finally got around to sweating in place.
  
Today I fired up the computer and there was yet another update for Windows. No big deal, right? After all, I had updated several times before. Nope, this one took two hours. Two hours of me periodically checking to see if it was done yet. Two hours of the percentage clicking up to complete, a restart, and then another completion percentage.
  
It was 8:30 PM before I finally got on the trainer. On the bright side, the delay allowed me to avoid London and instead do the Island course, which I've always preferred. I tried to push myself to maintain a respectable wattage, even taking a couple rather limp attempts at sprints. I have some ANT+ dropouts to sort out before the trainer season really is in full swing, but at least I can pull off an hour of sweat still. It isn't the same as I used to be capable of, but there were some moments of hope in there. 
  
Nowhere to go but up.
 
Hopefully I won't see any more Windows updates for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.