Yeah, About That.

People in Anchorage probably noticed my posts were about a week late, since they indicated I was riding on dry pavement last week. We had our first snow of the year in town on the 21st, and it ended up being slick enough that most drivers shouldn't have been on the pavement, let alone skinny tire-riding, lycra-wearing fat guys. People forget how to deal with it. The first snow of the year is always like that.
  
Don't get me wrong, I've ridden on streets like this before, gingerly cruising around, not making any sudden movements. I can't risk it this year. The wrong fall could knock me off the bike for another stretch. I don't want that.
  
Instead, it's back to Zwift. Right now I'm trying to troubleshoot the ANT+ dropouts I'm getting from my power meter. Unfortunately, ANT+ runs in the exact same frequency range as every other wireless consumer electronic device ever made, so anything from a cordless phone to the neighbor's garage door opener could be the culprit. I may have to build the trainer dungeon into a faraday cage if this keeps up.
  
It's going to take a while to get back into the trainer rhythm. I think this year I'm going to go back to riding at ungodly early hours to ensure I have fewer excuses for weak workouts or just skipping them altogether. Right now I have a steady upwards progression on my TrainingPeaks squiggly lines, and I think that's a good thing.
  
Better a steady upward progression on the trainer than an ungraceful splat on slick pavement.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.