Fickle.

Stick with me here.
  
When I feel more like a cyclist, I'm more inclined to write about it.

Whoa. Deep.
  
Right now I'm too fat and weak to be "fast" (by my standards), but I'm making progress. I'm putting in the work. I haven't weighed myself, imply because I'm not at the point I really want to deal with that right now. Maybe after the new year. At the moment, I'm just focusing on making the squiggly lines on Training Peaks trend upwards. Marginal gains and all that.
  
Still, it's nice.
  
I expect I'll burn out sooner or later. I'll push it too hard for too many hours and my body will just fail with a whimper. No blaze of glory, just fizzle out like a soggy sparkler on the 4th of July. Without any sort of structure to my flailings, it's almost inevitable.
  
It will be fun while it lasts, though.
  
If I can postpone the burnout for a few weeks, I'll be able to get in some good road miles in. While the kids and wife are at school, I'll have the day to ride (and do whatever else she tells me to do). Point is, maybe I'll have enough "form" left from Zwift abuse to enjoy some real rides on real pavement like a real cyclist. After a summer of mostly riding the trainer in places where riding outside would likely make me third tier on the food chain, I'm going to squeeze whatever I can out of the clear asphalt left before the snow closes in.
  
Yeah, even a handful of days feeling like myself again makes all the difference. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.