Chug.

After my annual peak at absolutely the wrong time, my wheels came off. I tried to manage it, with limited success, but I was left with little motivation and legs that couldn't turn over the pedals.

It's been a rebuilding process.
  
Little by little, week by week, I've been trying to make incremental progress. My abandonment of freemium iPhone games and Facebook pruning have been parts of that effort. Anything to create that compulsion to get on the bike and grind out a workout.
  
Problem is, I don't have any concrete goals.

Sure, I'd like to weigh less or improve my FTP, but those sort of things never really inspired me. They were more of a means to an end. Now that I don't race regularly, my inspiration (not getting dropped) isn't as strong. I have to find something that nudges me towards that vaguely resembles fitness. 
  
Until I figure that out, I'll just keep chugging. For me, keeping moving usually helps me sort out my life. 

Beats the alternative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.