Time Suck.

I kinda got out of the habit of writing again- not that anyone was reading.
  
I was just a bit worn out and unmotivated. They seem to have a lot to do with each other. Instead of doing positive things like sleeping and riding my bike, I find less productive things like games on my iPhone to waste my time.
  
It used to be they were fun, but now they're more of an obligation. A compulsion. An itch that must be scratched before I could move on to other things. In a lot of ways, it was like decades ago when I used to smoke. At a certain point, it wasn't enjoyable anymore and the act became something I had to do rather than something I wanted to do.

Today I quit. Just like with smoking, it was cold turkey and with immediate effect. I simply deleted them off my phone. Sure, I could just reload them, but I'm too lazy for that. I'm probably going to have withdrawals for a little while, but I'll get over them and be better off for it.
  
Maybe now I can get on the bike in a timely manner every morning instead of wasting so much time on my phone. Maybe I can go to sleep at a decent hour without playing with the stupid thing. My phone- something I really didn't want initially and still am not fond of being tied to. It seems to be a necessary evil these days, especially with as much travel as I do. That doesn't mean it has to command vast chunks of my time, though.
  
We'll see how tomorrow goes. And the next day. And the day after that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.