Not Bad, Not Good.

Monday went better than Saturday.
  
I woke up feeling not completely horrible, which was an improvement. The hacking cough, while less frequent, still clung to my wheel like an unwelcome drafter. The general sense of fatigue still wrapped my entire body. I wanted nothing more than to spend yet another day in bed, but it was time to start moving before I grew roots. Nothing major, but I needed to see what was possible and sustainable.
  
After sitting around in my kit, I finally forced myself onto the bike. It's probably going to tweet #MeToo, because I don't think either one of us were really interested. I started off slow, but eventually I discovered it wasn't quite as bad as it was the last time. I even went for a couple sprints, just to see how bad I could make things. The first one went well enough, but the second left me barely able to pedal. I took the hint and rode easy for the rest of the time.
  
When it was time to stop, I unclipped, stepped off, and draped my body over the top tube until I could breathe normally again. I wasn't dizzy, so that was nice. I didn't puke, either. I think I can do this.
  
Two steps from the trainer, my cough slipped back into my draft. In my current condition, I just can't drop the fucker. Hopefully as I get stronger I'll be able to put in some surges to leave him behind for good.
  
I'm not 100% sure I want to get back to it, but I am 100% sure that I need to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Sad