The Wanky Bump

My blog numbers went through the roof while I was on a plane to Tennessee for a conference. Seriously, traffic was in the tens. I was a little too preoccupied to notice, since I was carrying a screaming baby to stay with his grandmother for a week.

The bump I can attribute solely to the generosity of  the Wankmeister, author of the excellent and always entertaining Cycling in the South Bay blog. I had written him a short note asking how I could turn my blog into a financial dynamo, utilizing the sound strategy of stealing all of his subscribers. I don't have subscribers, or readers, so stealing his seems like the only way to dominate the already saturated market for blogs about fat people in lycra sweating.

Wanky was kind enough to respond with a finely crafted set of suggestions that were not merited by my feeble hostile takeover. He followed it up with a blog post (that mentioned me by name, no less) that resulted in the traffic bump. Heck of a guy, that Wanky.

I plan on ignoring all of his suggestions in a future post or two, and further justify my lack of gratitude in a manner befitting a giant douche-nozzle like myself. That's just how I roll.

Until then, if today was any indication, I'll be sweating like a pig as I grunt up the long grinds that pass for climbs around here, then celebrating afterwards with a fine Southern deep fried salad. Gotta fuel the engine properly if you want to keep the excuse train running.

Comments

  1. Well, if your going to be bike blog sensation you have to have comments.

    Here's one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My path to riches is thusly ensured.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.