No Lie.

I was hoping the readings were off because I haven't changed the battery in all of the years I've owned it.
 
I was hoping it's consumer grade electronics and sensors were just plain inaccurate.
 
I was hoping that maybe that some surface variability was impacting the final calculation.
 
Nope.
 
I'm fat.
 
I jumped on the scale at work to compare apples to apples. That scale is calibrated periodically by professional calibration-type people to medical-grade standards. The reading was exactly the same.
 
Fatty.
 
I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was last year at this time. I'm ten pounds heavier than I am on average most years. I'm five pounds heavier than I have been in the last 10 years.
 
When I look at myself, I don't see 15 extra pounds. I see a few, but the places I usually carry additional weight aren't showing it like they normally do. The fat has found new places to hide. This scares me, because that sort of fat can get away from you really, really quickly. It sneaks up on you, and once it's settled in and comfortable you are looking the other way, it lets all of its friends in the window. Before you know it, you have a multigenerational fat family squatting on your midsection.
 
I need to sort this out, because carrying that much weight up hills isn't that much fun. Even at my most disciplined race weight I'm 30 pounds heavier than some of the guys I race against. Add another 15 and I'm out of the game altogether, even on the flat races.
 
Yeah, I gotta fix this.
  
First I'm going to have another doughnut, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.