Should Have Known.

So, four weeks have passed since I wrote the last post. Magic of blogs, I guess.

I packed up the bike and the trainer the night before my flight, just like every other time I leave a radar site. Crank out a workout, then pack up.
  
Except I didn't fly the next day. Or the day after that. It took me five days of waiting to catch a break in the weather. I didn't put my bike back together. It sat in the case outside my door, waiting for me to leave.
  
I had a total of nine days scheduled between stints. Five of them were eaten by travel delays. I could have ridden when I got home, but I had a list of things to get accomplished and bags to repack for the next go-round. I didn't ride. Then I was delayed in Kotzebue for a couple days...
 
Thirteen days of not riding didn't do much for my fitness.
  
So, first chance I got I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and got back to it. It's what I do.
  
I hope at the very least I can get back to where I was before my break. I hope I can better those numbers.
 
Only way to find out is to turn over the cranks and see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.