Stayin' Alive.

I’m amazed.
  
Two weeks after I munched my Kickr Core’s flywheel bearings, it still “works”. Sure, it’s not at all silent, and creates grinding noises audible several rooms down the hall, but it still spins. I’m hoping I don’t groove the flywheel’s shaft too bad, but at the moment I’m stuck between riding a groaning trainer and going full “red rum” on everyone. I’m choosing sanity.

Weather and what I can safely assume is a general lack of interest has kept the mail plane away. I’m hoping that when it does show, I’ll have the parts required to make my trainer less offensive, thus allowing me to resume early-morning workouts. A solid workout really helps to start the day off right, and usually I feel sort of aimless when I don’t do one. All I can do now is wait for a window of opportunity to open and for the mail plane to finally show up.
  
I can’r really say that I’d be more than happy to jump on the first plane that lands here, but I feel lucky that I’m in a relatively safe place with a steady paycheck. A lot of people don’t have that at the moment, and will be squeezed in ways I don’t want to imagine in the weeks and months ahead. Some may come out of this only to find that they no longer have a job or their wages aren’t what they once were. Makes my whining kind of seem petty.
  
I’ll finish out this stint and hopefully get home in a reasonable amount of time. I’ll reintroduce myself to my family, get the RV ready, and hopefully get a trip or two in before I have to leave again. I’ll slap some fenders on my bike, and maybe get some miles in if the weather allows it. Maybe I won’t have to look at my trainer or my pixilated avatar anymore for a while. Maybe I’ll be able to build on the base I’ve been trying to cultivate.
  
Maybe, like the trainer, it will all come to a groaning stop one day.
  
Guess I’ll see when I get there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.