Glad I Missed That.

I didn't see it.
  
In fact, because I was disconnected from social media and all of the interwebs for four glorious days, I didn't find out until a few days afterwards. 
 
I didn't know Adam Yates had imploded and lost the pink jersey, after bouncing around and winning seemingly at will. I didn't see Thibaut Pinot drop out of contention with pneumonia. I didn't see any number of other riders suffer after an especially brutal edition of the Giro. I didn't see Chris Froome go on an 80K solo attack and take the leader's jersey, after two weeks of steadily bleeding time to every mid-tier GC rival.
 
I'm especially happy I didn't see the last one, because I've already seen it. As George Bennett said, “He did a Landis. Jesus!”  Now Bennett says he didn't mean it that way, but that's the way I see it. That's the way I saw it when I watched the stage to Morzine in the 2006 Tour de France. Literally unbelievable.
 
I'm glad I was out on my bike and enjoying the positive parts of the sport instead of tied up in some interweb chat forum explaining why Froome deserves to have his birthday taken away. I'm going to do my best to continue to stay away from the discussion, because I'd rather just pedal along in ignorance.
 
It's much better that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.