Project Inertia.

After my close call with the canti Moots CX frame, I got to thinking. Always a dangerous thing for me, but maybe this time it will lead to something good. Never has before, but I have to stay positive.

My Lynskey Urbano project has been languishing for too long. A few hours of wrenching would put it on the road, yet I never could muster the motivation to do it. Sure, I have had a mountain of projects and obligations during my precious time home, but somehow I always found time for a nap or some mindless TV. I could have been wrenching, but it never seemed to occur to me. I know why.

in·er·tia.  /iˈnərSHə/   noun.  PHYSICS
a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.

I was rolling along with it when I first got it, all exited and stuff about the possibilities, and then I ran into a brick wall and it sat. I can't remember exactly what happened (it was so long ago), but I stopped and never started. Other bike projects came and went, and it just kept getting shoved to the side. Things that are stopped tend to stay stopped, unless something moves them.

So moved, I fired up the Googlebox and started learning how to shorten hoses and bleed SRAM hydraulic disc brakes. It's not rocket science, but it's something I hadn't done before. Then an injured cycling frenemy advertised a wheelset that would be perfect for the project, so I jumped at the chance to spend more money. The bike already has a wheelset, but these are lighter and tubeless compatible and required me to waste more money on a project I will sell at a loss some day soon.

Win. Win. Win.

We'll see where this all goes. The weather is changing, and I only have maybe a couple weeks before winter closes in. A couple weeks to finish the project and get in some test rides doesn't seem like a small timeframe, but going by my track record so far it is.

Just need to get moving and finish the damn thing. Story of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.