Swerving To Avoid The Tree.

I had it all planned out. A week of easy rides to slowly back myself from the edge and allow me to capitalize on the gains of the last three months.

But staring me in the face was that number. That nice, round number.

So, I stuck with the plan. Sort of. I rode easy. Easier than I had since my first, limping days back on the bike months ago. Then I'd sprint and immediately regret it. Then I'd ride easy for longer than I should. So, instead of my chronic training load dropping back to a sustainable level, it crept up. The nice round number was surpassed, and all I got for the milestone was tired.

So, I guess I'm going to try this again.

Riding easy on a trainer is not a lot of fun for me. Actually riding really hard isn't all that much fun for me either. But when I really think about it, waking up with a persistent ache that I have to carry the entire day like a backpack full of lead weights probably sucks the most. And that's where I am.

Falling apart.

All is not lost. I still have time to right the ship. How do I know? My drive is still there. Once the ache creeps up from my legs into my brain, I'm done. But I'mstill getting up in the morning and putting the time in. That's a good sign.

So I need to do the sane thing and take it easier. I'm not known for sanity, but I think this time I'm going to try it on for size. The alternative is burnout before winter is even a couple months old. Burnout during the dark season makes everything that much more depressing.

Yeah, easy sounds like a plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.