Acclimating

Now that I'm back, I need to adjust. Everything's so different.
  
Here in the world, other people make demands on my free time, which makes it considerably less free. Not that I really want to ride the trainer for three to five hours a day, but even if I did, it wouldn't be an option. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does take some getting used to after months of bachelorhood.
  
It's slightly colder here. I think the temperature differential between Anchorage and Biloxi is something like 50 degrees. Today we were at an outdoor photo shoot with the kids, and I was freezing. Usually temperatures in the low teens don't faze me, but my skin got thinner down there. I gotta toughen up before ski season, or I'm going to be in trouble. I have a few days, so that's plenty of time, right?
  
The trainer isn't the road. When it comes to road-kill armadillo carcasses rotting in the sun, that isn't a bad thing, but it is different and will require a bit of realignment.
  
I have to go to actual work instead of a class. Instead of people in their late teens and early 20s, I have to deal with adults again, although sometimes I have trouble telling the difference. I'll be expected to do actual things of consequence, instead of simply not failing base-line exams. The grind actually doesn't look so bad when I think about it.
  
It's all very different, but I think I'll fall back into my rhythm soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.