Fathers Day

Saturday the wife allowed me to drive all the way up to Palmer for a group ride. Two hours round trip for what was advertised as a 90 minute ride. I'm not right in the head, although in my defense I got to ride some new roads and added on an extra hour to loop around the Bodenburg road race course. Still, it wasn't exactly a logical choice. Few things related to this sport are.
  
Yesterday was Fathers Day. I woke up early and contemplated going for a ride. I rolled over and fell back asleep for a couple hours. When I woke up, I went to the store for doughnuts and other bad things and sat down with my youngest to see who could smear the most chocolate around our mouths. He won.
  
The wife and I went to the grocery store and stocked up on stuff for the week. I had every intention of going out for a ride when we got home. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Instead I took a nap. When I woke up, it was already time for dinner. No riding for me.
  
Instead, I wrenched a bit on the Storck, stripping nicer parts off of it and replacing them with serviceable-but-uninspiring replacements. I did a quick inventory of the parts pile, noting that I have far too many groupset components, but I also identified imbalances that will have to be remedied. For instance, I have more front derailleurs than rear derailleurs. The derailleur and brake cable inventory is getting low. Little bits and pieces need to be replenished.
  
That's for another day. Fathers Day is all about quality naps for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.