Continuous Sleep.

Two nights ago it was a nagging cough that woke me up at 1:00 AM. Fortunately, it didn't repeat itself last night. I have my fingers crossed.
  
Last night it was the dog. At 2:00 AM I awoke to sounds of whimpering. I walked downstairs to investigate, and there was my Labrador Retriever sitting next to the boys' room, begging to be let in their closed door. I let him outside, and when he came back in he returned to his post outside their door. I went back to bed. An hour later, the whining started again.
 
This is a fairly large black lab which possesses an impressive bark useful for keeping undesirables away. The quivering mass of whimpers I encountered last night would intimidate absolutely no one. Eventually I gave up and opened the door, because I like sleep.
 
I like not diving face-first into my desk around noon, when the caffeine and sugar stop holding up their end of the bargain. I guess if I subsisted on nothing but organically-raised whole foods, prepared specifically for extended energy release and micro-nutrient saturation, I wouldn't have this problem. Then again, the menu at McDonalds doesn't specify which items meet these criteria, so I'm forced to stick with my usual Double Quarter Pounder meal.
 
Poor sleep leads to poor dietary choices. Poor dietary choices lead to poor sleep. It's a vicious circle, and near impossible for me to break out of. Fortunately, I am built with superior genetic material and can overcome anyth... oh crap.
 
I'll likely continue with this pattern while trying to increase the intensity and duration of workouts until I get sick, which will provide me with my traditional excuse for failing to perform on race day.
  
Now that's a training plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.