Who Are you People?

The downside of hacking the Zwift world calendar is that when everyone else shows up to your little private world, there's an inflated sense of outrage. You wish you could sit in a virtual rocker and yell at all of the kids on your lawn. How dare they clutter up your own private sanctuary?
 
I feel the same about cars when I'm out riding in the real world. Illogical, I know, but people can be entitled little creatures. If they like something, even if benefits nobody else, then it should obviously be the norm.
 
Sufficiently outraged, I wove my way through the virtual global village. I punched it at the same places I do when I'm all alone, and strangely enough, I was slower. Even though I had the benefit of "drafting" and the other riders around me, I just couldn't bring myself to push it any more. Maybe I was cooked, but I think it was mostly mental. I couldn't focus as much as I can when it isn't crowded. I'm always distracted by riders, leaderboards, or any number of things. Performance suffers.
 
Oh well, I could always go back to my well-worn stack of race DVDs, and sing along with Phil and Paul. After countless viewings, I still know all of the words...
 
Nahhh. The variable nature of Zwift is one of its greatest attractions for me. I'll just have to find a way to deal with the lack of virtual elbow room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.