A Little Hippy.

The other day I was walking down the hall with a co-worker. Someone came up and mentioned we were limping on the opposite sides.
  
"She completes me," was my reply.
  
It's worst on Mondays, after a Sunday full of Mighty Mite adventures. Standing up from a seated position is a two-part process. The first part gets me 90% upright, and then a quick wheezy grunt takes the rest of the way. This, of course, requires a good amount of pre-loading with pills to accomplish. There. I said it. I dope so I can competitively stand.
  
Most of the time the trainer helps loosen things up. Unless I overdo it. I overdo it a lot. However, if I don't ride, I stiffen up to the point that people veer away to avoid catching whatever it is that's making me walk in that manner.
  
Today I'll go back to Physical Therapy to get beat down. I'll probably feel it for days, mainly because I haven't been doing all the exercises they've given me. Part of that was that I got out of the habit while I was sick. I had other things on my mind, like what shade I was going to paint the toilet bowl that day. Also, some of them made things worse, which I wasn't keen on. However, if I'm completely honest, mostly it was because I'm lazy and forgetful.
  
I'm hoping this will resolve itself by the summer. Hoping is a lot easier than doing the exercises, and from what I've seen so far, it's more effective as well. That said, I'm going to give it a halfhearted shot and see what happens.
  
It can't hurt.
  
Oh. Wait. Yes it can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.