Old Man.

I went to Physical Therapy last week, and they put me through all sorts of exercises designed to make me hurt worse. Fine, that's part of the game I guess. The next day I was more or less back to normal.
  
The next day, I moved all of my stuff to another office at work down the hall, which didn't amount to much real lifting. I did some minor re-arranging and cleaning. I was on par with what passes for "good" these days.  
 
The day after that I did more re-organizing in my new environment. Nothing heavy was moved and nothing strenuous was accomplished. I picked up the kids after work, drove home, and hung out with the youngest in the hammock. Two hours later I climbed out and was immediately struck by my inability to stand upright. My lower back, from my right hip to my spine, was locked up and looking for any excuse to make me cry.
 
I'm not sure the physical therapy is doing what it's supposed to do.
 
I crawled to bed and found a position that was stable and would hopefully result in a cessation of hostilities.
 
Nope, the next day it just got worse. I dosed up on ibuprofen and acetaminophen and went to work, where every. single. person. commented on my unique posture and wheezy grunts with every step. Sitting wasn't bad, and walking was somewhat manageable when I concentrated on smooth steps. Standing in one place was another matter, and hunching over got really, really old.
 
I'm going to give it another day, and then I'm going to go seek some serious drugs. Something has to give besides my back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.