I Wish I Could Say That.

I wish I could say I jump out of bed every day and rush to the trainer to knock out a structured workout.
  
I can't.
  
I hit the snooze button a bunch of times, pausing tiny fragments of '80s hits that may or may not end up as the day's earworm. I play games and surf bike blogs on my phone. Eventually I get up and get kitted up, but then I just sit mindlessly at my computer until the last possible second. Sometimes I go a few minutes over the last possible second, proving Einstein was right- time is relative.
  
When inspiration strikes, I get on the bike. I have the workout planned, but they're not the structured 5 x pukervals Janice used to schedule for me. No, it's more of a loose suggestion, like "ride relatively easy and then sprint occasionally" or "ride pretty hard until you don't want to anymore." Even with this low bar to clear, I generally don't follow the plan. Some days I'm not inspired to sprint, and end up grinding out a TT workout. Some days I don't want to grind, and end up sprinting. Some days the legs feel pretty good and I just go with whatever they tell me is possible. Some days my legs fall off.
  
Whatever it is that I'm doing, it seems to be resulting in a sustainable upward progression of squiggly lines. I think that's a good thing. That is, until I get sick and everything just falls apart for a few days. Once the dust clears, I plan out a series of workouts scientifically designed to get me back on track, then I promptly ignore them.
  
I wish I could say that I had any sort of discipline at all.
  
I can't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.