How This All Ends.

A couple days ago I published my 800th entry for this blog.
  
That's a pretty big number.
  
It got me thinking, though. How long am I going to keep doing this thing? When will I call it quits and just let it die the death it should have died years ago?
 
Writing five posts a week (give or take) 52 weeks a year comes to about 260 posts. Sometimes I have piles of scheduled posts stacked up, sometimes I struggle to get them out, and sometimes I fail completely. I have no idea how many words are in an average post, because I've never counted. That exercise always seemed too much like the term pages I do for the college degree I don't care about. How many words do I have left before I can turn this half-hearted piece of crap in? The syllabus didn't specify how many words have to be in each blog post, so I'm going to write as many or as few as I feel like on a given day. However long they are, they could probably all be edited down to "tired/old/fat bicycle guy." Maybe that will be my last entry, giving everyone hope that after all of these years and countless posts, I finally learned the value of brevity.
   
I can be sorta compulsive, so somehow I doubt I'll end it on an oddball number like 923. Chances are, I'll drag it out to a nice, round number and leave it at that. Oddball numbers just frustrate me, like a ride that's barely under a random whole number (making me circle the block to round it out), a field test resulting in a FTP of 299 (not that I would know anything about that), or the fact that I'm 5'11" tall. I just like a sense of completion.
  
Sooner or later this all ends. I may not have the time or interest anymore, and that's completely natural. When the time comes, I'll know it... unless that time was 700+ posts ago.
 
Tired/old/fat bicycle guy. Yeah, that about sums it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.