Truncated.

This week I haven't been able to finish a single workout. If I plan for an hour, I'll probably get in around 45 minutes. It isn't for lack of energy. The legs are there, and the numbers I'm seeing are all pretty good (by my low standards). Rather, I haven't been able to get moving in the mornings, which results in me having to cut everything short.
 
My alarm goes off at 4:30AM, but I'm rarely truly awake and kitted up before 5:30AM. I have to leave at 7:00AM to drop off the kids at school and get to work. A little delay here or there and suddenly I don't have time to do a full hour. I've tried to get up earlier, but that rarely results in anything but more groggy time.
 
Part of it is the occasional melatonin I take to shut my brain down at night. Sometimes my brain gets wrapped around something so tightly that I can't sleep, even with all of the sleep tricks I've picked up over the years. I'll be wide awake at 3:00AM worked up over something I can't change or affect, fully aware the alarm will be ringing in an hour and a half. Those workouts never go that well, if they happen at all. The occasional melatonin helps a bit, but even in the smallest dose can leave me kinda foggy in the morning.
 
I have to figure this out, because cutting multiple workouts short is frustrating. I don't mind giving myself permission to bail on the occasional workout for whatever reason, but when it becomes a trend it really pisses me off and ruins the endorphin buzz. That sets my day off on a bad note, and generally things go downhill from there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.