Failing to Recover.

This week is a recovery week.
 
After blowing off multiple workouts last week, I don't feel like I deserve it. I feel burnt out, but it has little to do with the bike. I know that fatigue is fatigue, but I still feel the urge to "make up" for the lost training time. So far I'm trying to follow the plan, because I really would like some energy back. A persistent "meh" is about the best I can muster, and the lows are depressing.
 
Meanwhile, teammate Tim Bernston just won the Iditarod Trail Invitational 350, becoming one of four people ever to have completed the course on a bike in under 2 days. Fairbanks genetic freak Tyson Flaharty finished second and Clint Hodges rounded out the podium.
 
Joey Bacala just completed a series of strong showings at Lower 48 stage races to earn enough points to upgrade to an USAC Cat 1 roadie.
 
Jamey Stull just earned the Masters 40-49 stars and stripes jersey at Fat Bike Nationals. Will Ross was in the mix in a very stacked Open/Pro field, just behind Tinker Juarez. Will was one step ahead of another of my teammates, David Arteaga.
 
These guys (and a whole lot of others) deserve a recovery week.
 
I deserve a kick in the ass.
 
However, if I even think about hammering, Janice will unleash unimagined depths of pain upon me in retaliation.
 
Stick to the plan, Mike. It hurts less than the alternative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.