Scrubbing.

After a couple days riding over snowmelt and dirty roads, the titanium road bike was filthy. No fenders meant it was pretty much uniformly crusty.
  
I dragged out all of my bike washing stuff and prepared for the long haul, but the bike was pretty clean after the first blast from the hose. A little brush here and a little wipe there, and it was in better shape than I initially planned.
  
God, I really like this bike.
  
My carbon bikes get dirty before I pull out of the driveway, and their shiny paint always highlights when the wash job wasn't 100% comprehensive. It rarely get to 75%, so the result is my bikes always look kinda disreputable when sitting next to other bikes. Actually, other bikes shy away when we approach, to avoid catching whatever my bikes appear to have. That may explain why I win so rarely- the extra drive to avoid my bikes propels the competition forward. Funk doping! Call USADA's doping hotline!
  
It doesn't take much to make the ti bike look decent. I appreciate that, especially given this bike's intended roles.
  
I cleaned and oiled the chain, then racked it up for the next ride. It took longer to put away the supplies than it did to clean the bike. That's how it should be. As much as I like wrenching and otherwise maintaining my bikes, I'd much rather spend my limited free time riding.
  
Unless they start making some serious headway on post-winter street sweeping, I'm going to be washing the bike fairly often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.