No FOMO.

Ever since I fell down, something interesting happened.
  
I don't frequent Facebook as much anymore. I don't spend time scrolling through other people's posts, scared that I might miss something important. Facebook isn't important.
  
I don't visit cycling websites obsessively, mainly because it reminds me I can't ride myself at the moment.
 
If I do get on the interweb, it's to look up parts for the RV or look for how-to articles/videos. Nothing about the bike.
 
I've even stopped listening to NPR as I drive to work, but that has more to do with the constant stream of negativity that characterizes the world at the moment. Without my daily dose of endorphins to blunt the onslaught and put it into perspective, I find I just can't deal with it at the moment.
 
I have no fear of missing out, because I've opted to ignore the world for the moment and concentrate all of my energies into a smaller space where I have some influence.
 
I'm sure once I'm done and healed, I'll return to my old habits. Batteries recharged and perspective renewed after my battles with orange shag carpet and dated brown paneling, I'll be better prepared to focus during the long trainer season. Until then, my hands will be cut and scraped from a thousand little projects and my mind will be firmly focused on the task at hand. That's just how I'm built.
 
I'm not missing anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.