Rebuilding the Dungeon.

As much as I wanted to jump right back on the bike, I couldn't. With the slow healing, the weather, and the shagging wagon remodel, I just didn't have the time or the ability. I'm starting to realize there is a distinct possibility that I might not see much of the road this fall before the snow locks me away again. Snow is already dusting the back ranges. It's only a matter of time.
 
With this in the back of my mind, I decided to start prepping the trainer dungeon a little earlier this year while I had the free time. There's a good chance my first ride will be on the trainer, and I have a lot of work to do before I can jump on Zwift for a few laps of whatever course is on that day.
 
The Storck was more or less rebuilt when I swapped on the Rival drivetrain. It still needs a power meter, so I'm thinking of pulling the Riken off the crit bike. It's barely been used, and maybe I can work out some of the negative energy retained in it from the crash. I'm not a superstitious guy, but I figure there's no reason to take chances.
 
The surround sound system has been disconnected ever since I was having interference issues. I'll need to sort that out so I can have sound when I'm playing around in my little virtual world. Not a big deal, but it's nice to have.
 
I still need to organize my tools and spare parts better, so I can actually find that specialized little widget I use every three years or so.
 
I'm also going to add more lighting. I like it bright. Blindingly bright. One more giant LED fixture should just about do it so the dungeon doesn't look quite so depressing.
 
To do all of this, I need to dig a tunnel through the garage piles to get there, then empty out all of the stuff that has piled up in the dungeon over the summer. It's going to be a long process, and one I'm not all that excited about tackling.


When it's all done, then maybe I can answer the question- what will the broken body allow?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.