Pondering.

After my glorious-ish return to the road yesterday, I decided not to put my bike in the garage.
  
Actually, it wasn't so much a decision as an acceptance of reality. The garage is packed, even more so than usual. Construction debris, tools, raw materials, and other RV project-related stuff clog the entry. I risked serious physical harm just extracting the bike while wearing road cleats. For the moment, the garage isn't an option.
 
I put the bike in the RV. Sad that it has more open floor space than a two-car garage, but that pretty much is a reflection of my life- cluttered and disorganized. I know where everything is (more or less), but I make a bigger mess digging things out.
 
While I was stowing the bike, I started thinking about different mounting solutions for it. Maybe bolt a receiver hitch on the back for a rack. Maybe a spare tire rack. On the roof? How about inside? Plenty of options, there. Unfortunately they all amount to additional projects. I just don't think my body can handle what's already on the plate, much less a creative bike-mounting solution.
 
I just carefully leaned it up against the kitchen counter, trying not to scratch the paint. I really want to be done with the RV, and just use the thing as intended. Namely, I want to drive hours on the highway to an extremely scenic place and then sit inside it, listening to the torrential downpour that nobody forecasted. At least I'll be warm and dry. Actually, that scenario doesn't sound so bad. A good excuse to curl up and take a nap.
 
I need to clean up the garage and stow all of the junk before too much longer. Once the snow falls I'm pretty much stuck with how the garage sits. When it's packed, the only way to move stuff around is to move something out so you have room to organize.
 
Before I slap on bike racks or organize the garage, I need to ride. That's really the driver behind all of this, and I need to get back to core of the activity and focus less on the peripheral crap. No more new carbon bits for the moment. No new and improved kit that is guaranteed to shave .009 seconds off my 10 mile TT time.
 
I just need to ride.
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.