Every Morning.

So far I've stuck to the plan. The plan isn't that hard or overly complex, so sticking to it has been made that much easier.

Start slow. Don't overdo it.

That's it.

Every morning I get up and do an hour on the bike. I might go for a steady pace. I might go for a sprint. I might do something in between. At this point I keep it simple. One thing a workout. No intervals or that sort of stuff. Get the legs under yourself.

It's September. The riding season is pretty much over for me. Sure, roadies back in Anchorage are still riding and will be until the snow falls. Me? Yesterday I stood on top of a mountain and saw Russia. Riding on pavement for the next month or so is pretty much off the table. When I get back, we'll see. I may not feel like it. I may have conflicting priorities.

All I can do is focus on the here and now. That means facing my current reality and try to improve it. I'll probably never get back to where I was only a couple years ago, but maybe I'll find a level where I don't hate myself so much.

Stick to the plan. Maybe lose a little weight. Try not to burn myself out.

At least, that's my mantra every morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.