I Guess That's Where The Bottom Is.

I jumped on the trainer this morning. No, that's a lie. I procrastinated a bunch, fiddling around and adjusting minor things before I finally threw. leg over the top tube. I had planned on doing a short ride last night after replacing the trainer flywheel bearings I munched last spring, but it took longer than I intended and I wanted to get a good night's sleep. Seemed like a valid excuse at the time.

Anyway, I started pedaling, not expecting much. No surprises here. I couldn't maintain even an easy pace. The transition from road to trainer always takes me a while, but this was a magnitude or so worse. That tiny bit I rode this summer was reflected every time the cranks came around.

OK, that's where I am. It will get better if I stick with it. Chances are, the next few workouts will show marked improvement, even if they will still reflect a serious lack of form. It's where I am.

I guess I could get upset about the fact I probably had more power my first year of racing, but I'm not sure what good it would do. It would just discourage me more, and make everything worse. I need to lose some weight and get back in shape, so crying about ancient history ain't going to fix it.

I have a baseline. Where I go from here is up to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.