Huh?

I've been playing around on eBay lately. With my down time no longer taken up with making sure the puppies don't pee on the rug and the never-ending list of projects, I surf the internet, and eventually I wind up at eBay.

Let me be 100% honest- I don't another bike or any more bike parts.

Yet I'm still searching through listings for bike frames. Narrow that down to disc brake frames. Narrow that further down to cyclocross frames. Drill right down to frames with quick-releases and a certain spacing. Why? Because I have a quick release disc wheelset sitting around. That's it. That's the whole justification.

Even if I was in shape to race 'cross, I wouldn't. I run into trees and hurt myself when I race 'cross. I wouldn't ride the bike casually on gravel or whatever it is the kids are riding these days. I have a ti gravel project that has been languishing at 90% complete for years. Just have no interest.

So yeah, an old wheelset is inspiring this stupidity. That shows where my mind goes when I'm not careful. I haven't done more than browse so far, but I know the dangers.

When I get home, I need to go through the parts pile. Sort stuff out, figure what I have, and put it away. Then I might finish that gravel bike. Take a few rides. Get the trainer dungeon back in shape.

Yeah, I don't need any more. I probably need a lot less.

For some reason I'm still looking, though. Maybe subconsciously I think I can buy my way into form. Never worked in the past, but maybe it will the next time. Maybe if I build a bike I don't want or need I'll lose 20 pounds and gain 100 watts.

You never know until you waste a lot of money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.