Hurry Up, Dad.

On the last day of the 2017 Alyeska Mighty Mites season, Abby and I went skiing together. This doesn't happen as much as it used to, since she has other coaches now.
  
We got our father-daughter time after the race and barbeque. I had an interesting morning pulling one of my group out of a tree, where he was perched upside down and twisted in interesting ways but otherwise unhurt. It's never boring, even on the last day.
 
We decided to play on the steep slopes of Alyeska's North Face, traversing across to patches of less-tracked snow in the shadows of the Christmas and New Years chutes. She led the way, and it won't be long until she'll leave her old man behind.
Hopefully I have a few more days like this before it happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.