What Did I Miss?

I heard something about a big sporting event happening Sunday. Roubaix and Flanders are still a ways off. I checked all of the usual reputable online sports news outlets. Skiracing.com, cyclingnews.com, velonews.com...  Nothing. Weird. Everyone was all jazzed up about something or another, and I had no idea what they were talking about.
  
Confused, I went skiing with the Mighty Mites. Blue-bird day. Soft snow. All sorts of terrain open. Almost nobody at the mountain. It was awesome. I got to make run after run in the afternoon with my daughter, something I haven't gotten to do a lot of this year. She skied my legs off in the best possible way. We got to spend quality time that I'll cherish for the rest of my life.
  
Still, I guess I missed something a lot of people consider important. Something they feel is better than awesome visibility and soft snow on a winter day, set to the soundtrack of a ten year old girl's giggle. 

I'm not sure what that could be, but then again, I've never been much of a spectator. I'd rather do something badly myself than watch the best in the world do the same thing, only with actual skill.
  
I guess I should start following hockey a little closer so I will know when one of these big events comes around. If it means fewer people on the hill, count me as a fan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.