Anchored.

One result of my flooring project in the trainer dungeon is that I move around a lot. By a lot, I mean literally moving feet during a sprint. I tried rubber mats of various types and other methods to keep the trainer from moving, but the new floor is too slick.
  
The old Pergo was pretty slick too, but I drilled a hole one of the feet could fit into and that took care of the issue. The Pergo was a lot thicker than the new vinyl, so that solution was no longer valid.

While the wife and I were waiting for stuff in the laundrymat (we had a lot of blankets to clean), we stopped by the local hardware store. While she looked at the Christmas stuff, I wandered the aisles looking at all of the cool stuff. That's when I came across the solution- a 2" galvanized pipe flange. It was the perfect diameter for the trainer's feet. The only problem was that I would have to drill a couple holes in the concrete floor to bolt it down. Oh well...
  
A couple hours and a lot of mess later, the trainer didn't slide anymore. After goofing off all day (other than a 90 minute ride on the trainer), it was good to feel like I accomplished something. Little by little, the dungeon is coming together, so that I can get down to the business of sweating while going nowhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprint Intervals.

Nostalgia.

Uniform Suckiness.