Don't Rush It.

The last two days I bailed on workouts early.
 
I got plenty of sleep and didn't feel any worse initially than I usually do, but a few minutes in I knew it wasn't going to go well. Nothing was going to change it. I had a sprint or two in me, and that was about it. Riding 'meh' for an extended period just doesn't do it for me, so I took my ball and went home.
 
I don't want to prolong this any longer than I have to. I can put my head down and gut through it, but that will just make things worse. Right now I'm maintaining my squiggly line equilibrium after a week of losses, so that's going to have to do.
 
Today I was light-headed for a while afterwards, and that kinda scared me. It tells me this could drag on for a while. Of course, my list of targeted road races for January and February is pretty short, so I think I can adjust my schedule to accommodate a minor hiccup or three in the interests of long-term health.
 
That said, sometimes it's hard for me to tell the difference between fatigue from illness and just plain laziness. It's easy to shift from one to the other, and that's what's dangerous. This time I think I'm safe, though. I need to recover..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.