Not.

I just finished day three of the flu, day two of not getting on the bike.
  
The only virtual world I'm frequenting is Netflix.
  
The intervals I care about are the times between medication doses.

All I need to do to make myself hurt is brush up against some air.
  
This sucks.
  
I had just leveled off onto a sustainable training volume/intensity on TrainingPeaks, and now I'm watching it dribble away. The Type A side of me wants to get on and only do an "easy ride" to slow the plummet, but then I move and am reminded why that isn't possible at the moment.
  
Mainly I just sleep.
  
I'd like to believe that I will be well-rested when I get back, but the truth is that I'll be stale and still recovering. I'll probably take weeks to get back to where I was. That's the brutal reality I'm facing. 
  
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to bed. Typing hurts too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.