It's Bad.

Last year I got the flu, toughed it out, and got my whole cubicle farm sick. 
  
This year I went in early, found out I had the flu, and was put on quarters for a couple days.
  
When the two days were over, I called up my boss and told him I was taking a day of leave on Friday so I wouldn't get anyone outside of my family sick. That's when I leaned two things:
  1. My boss was now showing symptoms, and several other people within the organization were also sick. The bright side to this was that, unlike last year, I was not identified as Patient Zero. Someone else took up that mantle, and I am merely a victim this time around.
  2. We already had Friday off. I have to be pretty sick not to realize there was a PACAF Family Day coming up. I had even forgot about Martin Luther King's birthday on Monday. I was flat out of it.
I decided right then that I was skipping Mighty Mites this week. Even if I felt 100% better, I would still be risking slowing my recovery by playing  on the hill. As sick as my daughter is, she wouldn't have been in any shape so go either.
  
Then I realized I might also have to put the kibosh on The Dome this week for the same reasons. Fuck.
  
Being sick sucks.
   
  
  
  
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.