Maybe Another One Will Do The Trick

I didn't write a New Year's Day post. I took the day off. You get what you pay for.
  
Last week was a Recovery Week, so I tried to back off and let my body rebuild. By "back off", I mean ride as hard as I could sustain before my legs gave out and I was forced to pedal squares for the rest of the workout. Day after day, I would stick to this scientific plan, with the faint hope my legs would come around. They never did. 
  
I tried pedaling harder, but they only got worse. I tried really stomping on them, and the same thing happened. I strained mightily, generating more sweat than watts, but for some reason my legs never snapped back.
  
What the fuck? I went to all of the hassle of designating the whole week (not just a couple days) as a Recovery Week, and laid out all sorts of easy workouts that were designed for active recovery. Not that I stuck to them, but it's the thought that counts, right? All of that careful planning, flushed right down the drain. I tell, it isn't fair.
  
I'm going to give it another shot this week, though. Maybe it will work this time around. The Training Peaks squiggly lines are just where I want to be, so I'm not looking for any upward trends at the moment. I just want to cruise for a few months and target this or that parameter.
  
Mainly what I need to do is dump some weight. Unless the lump from the wreck that still sits on my hip weighs 15lbs, I think I have other issues going on.
  
It's a new year. The possibilities for fuckitude are endless.
  
Let the games begin.




  
   
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke Simpson

Narrowed Focus

Perhaps Where I need to Be.